Prelude Pianos

Dan Alberts pianoman@cvzoom.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:20:22 -0400

I certainly appreciate your input.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 10:02 PM
  Subject: Re: Prelude Pianos

  In a message dated 9/17/02 10:35:28 PM !!!First Boot!!!, =
pianoman@cvzoom.net writes:=20

    However, my dilemma is this: As many of you are aware Story & Clark =
no longer manufacture the Story & Clark piano.  As a result, the =
manufacturer has no other option but to replace the piano with a piano =
that they currently represent, which is the Prelude made at the Dongbei =
Piano Company in Dongbei, China.  My client has asked me if this piano =
would be similar in quality and value.  I have absolutely no service =
history with this piano.  Could anyone who has any history or service =
track record with the Prelude studio provide me with some information =
that might help.  This is clearly a situation where both parties ( the =
manufacturer and the customer) have legitimate positions.  I thank you =
in advance for your input.=20

  I used to sell Story & Clark pianos. In my opinion, they were very =
nice instruments. I am not familiar with the pianos currently made at =
Dongbei, but if they are of the same quality as other Chinese pianos, I =
would say they are not the same as the Story & Clark. Hopefully S&C will =
cooperate, and give the customer the money towards the purchase of a =
Baldwin or an American made Yamaha or Kawai. Those were a little better =
quality, than the S&C, but the customer will wind up with a piano that =
is a step up, instead of having to settle for a piano that is step down =
from what she had.=20

  Wim=20