Prelude Pianos

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:02:27 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/02 10:35:28 PM !!!First Boot!!!, pianoman@cvzoom.net
writes:

> However, my dilemma is this: As many of you are aware Story & Clark no
> longer manufacture the Story & Clark piano.  As a result, the manufacturer
> has no other option but to replace the piano with a piano that they
> currently represent, which is the Prelude made at the Dongbei Piano Company
> in Dongbei, China.  My client has asked me if this piano would be similar
> in quality and value.  I have absolutely no service history with this
> piano.  Could anyone who has any history or service track record with the
> Prelude studio provide me with some information that might help.  This is
> clearly a situation where both parties ( the manufacturer and the customer)
> have legitimate positions.  I thank you in advance for your input.

I used to sell Story & Clark pianos. In my opinion, they were very nice
instruments. I am not familiar with the pianos currently made at Dongbei, but
if they are of the same quality as other Chinese pianos, I would say they are
not the same as the Story & Clark. Hopefully S&C will cooperate, and give the
customer the money towards the purchase of a Baldwin or an American made
Yamaha or Kawai. Those were a little better quality, than the S&C, but the
customer will wind up with a piano that is a step up, instead of having to
settle for a piano that is step down from what she had.

Wim