More EBVT Data

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:37:47 EDT

 Mr Bremmer writes:
>I believe I've made my point about Ed Foote's motivations for writing what
>he  did, so for the moment, I'll drop the moniker.

     I would take issue that you have made any points at all,  just spurious
and inaccurate comments in a desperate attempt to avoid the error of your
website.  If you would take the time to actually read what was posted, you
would notice that I wrote:
> as In spite of the author's claim to have created "a new temperament which
retains the true "colors" or >tonality known in the past", the EBVT, as
described, cannot do that,<snip>

   I stand behind that. What part of "as described" is so hard to understand?
   All of your ranting will not change how  the temperament is described on
the site, which is all I have addressed;  not how you tune, what you tune,
your love life, or anything else.

>I'm going to warn Ed Foote right here and now not to start saying anything
>about this at all, such as "inconsistency" or anything else.

    Your warnings carry no weight with me, so let me be very clear.  Your
numbers are wrong, your procedure is malleable,  and your results are so
subjective that they defy utility.  The imbalances are there,  but I will
leave it to the number crunchers to specify exactly what and where,  I make
my judgements by listening to aural and electronic results and comparing the
differences.

>While using the correction figures method is valid to a point, it doesn't
>allow the tuner to really know what is being done unless that person goes
>through the tuning and aurally verifies it.  Dr. Sanderson will be the
>first to tell you this.  It only gets you close, it is a calculated
approximation.

   Which is exactly why I posted long ago that the Jorgensen book's aural
bearing plans should be used to verify the results of using the machine
offsets, but that is a detail Mr. Bremmer managed to overlook.  All tuning is
a calculated approximation, regardless of how one goes about it, but on
well-scaled pianos, the differences between the offsets and following the
aural instructions are academic.

> If Ed Foote wants to continue to play his insult, defamation and
discrediting game, I have bigger and better >ammunition than he does.

   This is not a game.  Among other things, you have repeatedly posted that I
have called certain manufacturers specific products junk, which is totally
false, and is, imo, an attempt to damage my professional relationships within
the industry.  You don't think I am going to sit idly by while this happens,
do you?  You have responded to a critique of your creation with personal
attacks, and insinuations of incompetance, which violates every ethical
standard of debate.   Everything posted so far on this subject is a matter of
public record, and the decision on how your behaviour reflects upon the Guild
as a whole is soon to be out of my hands.
Ed Foote RPT