Pinblock too low

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:55:41 +0200

Greg Newell wrote:

> Comments below.
>
> At 11:08 PM 9/12/2002, you wrote:
>
> >Un screw the glide bolts  !
>
> What would that do except ruin the rest of the regulation?

Actually, his suggestion is at least a good thing to check. Glide bolts could
be too high easily enough. Worth a check anyways.

> >How do you believe the action could go inside and not outside ?

> I'm not sure what you're asking here. In my experience the action would not
> case the action was forced back in as is evidenced by the drop screw gouges
> in the underside of the pin block.

He's suggesting that the action was put in, and then the glide bolts were
turned up, which would raise the whole action... pehaps just enough to cause
the problem. Again.. a good obsevation and one worth looking into.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne