Pressure bar on upright piano

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:05:05 +0200

I believe the rule of thumbs is somewhere between 10 and 20 degrees angle off
the  termination, but you are looking for solid contact there and clear sound.
Any more pressure then is neccessary to achieve that is kind of wasted really,
and will only cause rendering problems,r increased string breakage or pehaps
even unnecessary wear on the termination.

If its not buzzing when you play it, and you dont see an overly steep angle..
leave it. You should be able to fairly easily move the strings side ways with
the help of a screwdriver, but it should take a bit of side ways pressure to do
so.

Cheers

RicB