9/11

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:50:05 -0700

List,

Along with most of the US, today I remembered those who fell on 9/11 and remembered where I was...

About every 3 months I travel to Marin County and tune for a number of regulars.  I was on Presidio
heading North through San Francisco when I happened to turn on the radio...I thought it was a bad joke,
this couldn't really be happening...I kept on driving over the Golden Gate bridge, anxiously looking towards the sky.
I called my first customer on the other side of the bridge while driving and we decided to go ahead with the
tuning...keep some kind of normalcy to an abnormal day.  Every customer wanted to keep their appointment...I tuned
with the TV on and stopped constantly dumbfounded by the horror of the scene...

Looking back I can't explain why I didn't turn around and head home that day...maybe I was too numbed to think clearly...

David I.