[pianotech] leg bolts for Horugel grand

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 05:14:14 -0400

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:32:03 -0500 Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@cox.net>
writes:

> >BY ANY CHANCE, does anyone have any idea what size of threaded bolt
> may
> >have been used on these?  > >Mark Potter

> Sorry, I don't know the size, but you'll be ahead taking one of the
> inserts
> out of the piano to have with you while you shop for bolts.
>
> Ron N

That occurred to me, too.   But I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that the
inserts were likely attached from the keybed cavity side, and with the
piano lying on it's side, it sounded a bit gnarly getting the action out
to gain access.   Getting lucky and showing up with bolts the right size
sounded more appealing, if unrealistic.  Sometimes I'd rather be lucky
than smart <G>.  No, make that most times....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com