[pianotech] new list features

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:01:59 -0700

> >When I hit reply I get Re: [pianotech]
> Whatever Subject.  I'm confused as to
> >whether I should leave this [pianotech] in
> there or not, because the server
> >may stick another one on in front of it, so
> that they start piling up, if you
> >see what I mean.
>
> Good question.  The list software is supposed
> to realize that the
> "[pianotech]" is already there, so they
> shouldn't pile up.  However,
> I noticed earlier that some Subject lines had:
> 	Re: [pianotech] text
> while others had:
> 	[pianotech] Re: text
> and that seems weird.  I added it to my list of
> things to look into.
>
> -andy

Andy,
I think this is because of the thing I was talking about.  On some of the
posts I was worried about getting multiple [pianotech]s so I took it out of
the subject line on the reply.  I think these ended up as [pianotech] Re:
text.  When I left it in the subject line on the reply then it looked the
other way (and didn't double up on the [pianotech]s).

Phil F