[pianotech] Re: Hygrometer

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:51:00 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/2002 11:46:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

> Subj:Re: [pianotech] Re: Hygrometer
> Date:9/9/2002 11:46:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net">gnewell@ameritech.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>           Greg

               It could have been me but I'm not that old. I've seen many
cosmetically uncracked but flat Stwy boards but they sounded..... well you
know flat. If you consider that the compression crowned board needed to be
realllyyy dry when pressed to gain crown and tonal vitality it's not hard to
understand that the best C. crowned boards will show cracks but generally at
least sound better.
   Make sense>>>>Dale Erwin