[pianotech] Re: Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:08:29 +0200

Duplexdan@aol.com wrote:

> To Nordic Convention,
>
> Is it that there are no Duplex Scales in the pianos in the NOrse, or that the
> word hasn't been able to cross the fjords?
>
> Dan Franklin

This is the Land of Duplex friend Dan... tho I suppose few really understand it.
Hamburg Steinways rule here, and they are followed by all those who would be
Steinways, but arent.

Schimmel for example, and their newly "invented" triplex... which is just a way
of combining the front and rear duplex, along with the singing length to create a
unified vibratorial retro respectral energy system... or some such thing. Not my
favorite piano really.

I think you are getting things confused here Dan... I am a Duplex Fan... a
qualified one... but still.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.