[pianotech] "Why not Minot?"

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:40:41 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Fine idea, and as long as we're being inclined, hemp produces a higher
> sustainable fiber yield per acre than trees, and is considerably cheaper to
> produce, harvest, and process. Makes fine paper.

Yea but you cant make maple syrup out of it.... ok you can smoke it... but that
doesnt make your pancakes taste any better.... or does it... sheesh I must be
getting old... cant remember back that far.

> The Gutenberg bible was printed on hemp paper,

That explains alot.. :)

> Conestoga wagons were covered with hemp canvas, tied
> down with hemp rope, and the pants the driver was wearing were most likely
> hemp too.

That explains a lot too.. :)

> Good cover and feed for quail, pheasants, and prairie chickens.
> Good for erosion control, and thrives on neglect and abuse (that's
> physical, not social abuse).

Does it make THEM taste any better ?

> Something else to add to the list of what we should have done when we still
> had the chance.

Well... I dunno about you but...

> Then there's bamboo...

Yes... My favorite !