[pianotech] "Why not Minot?"

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:34:57 -0500

>But, did you know that, if we were so inclined, there is enough wind blowing
>across ND to--given enough wind turbines--we could just about power the
>entire nation? Goodbye Saudi Arabia, so long Sadam...Hello, Rugby! Energy
>Capital of the World!
>
>Del

Fine idea, and as long as we're being inclined, hemp produces a higher
sustainable fiber yield per acre than trees, and is considerably cheaper to
produce, harvest, and process. Makes fine paper. The Gutenberg bible was
printed on hemp paper, Conestoga wagons were covered with hemp canvas, tied
down with hemp rope, and the pants the driver was wearing were most likely
hemp too. Good cover and feed for quail, pheasants, and prairie chickens.
Good for erosion control, and thrives on neglect and abuse (that's
physical, not social abuse).

Something else to add to the list of what we should have done when we still
had the chance.

Then there's bamboo...

Ron N