[pianotech] Changes to pianotech list

Andy Rudoff andy@rudoff.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 04:38:34 -0600

pianotech subscribers:

I am pleased to announce we've upgraded the PTG server to new hardware
and list management software.  Now the preferred method for subscribing and
unsubscribing is to use the new Web-based interface and the URL for those
pages now appears at the bottom of each post (see the end of this message).

There is no longer a separate "-digest" list but instead an option that
you can set to say whether you want individual posts or digests.  If you
were subscribed to the digest list before, now you are subscribed to the
main list with the digest option set.

Upgrading the list software gives us many more features, like better
SPAM filtering, password-protection on your subscription, the choice
of receiving your own posts, etc.  But mostly those of us who run the
lists behind the scenes will benefit from the management capabilities.
As with any change, there will surely be a few wrinkles to iron out,
so please be patient and notify admin@ptg.org of any problems you find.

See the list FAQ for more information:

	http://www.ptg.org/faq/lists.html

The pianotech list has been a tremendous resource for over 8 years now
and it is our sincere goal to continue support it and improve it whenever
possible.  Thanks to all of you for your continued participation.

The PTG Electronic Communications Committee.