Hedges and Pianos (OT)

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:45:17 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tvak@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 7:51 AM
Subject: Hedges and Pianos (OT)

> Maybe I should go in one direction for the first pass (from A0 to C8) and
> then go the opposite direction on the second pass!
>
> So I think I'll try it.  Next time I come across a Betsy Ross spinet
that's
> 150 cents flat, I'll take the hedge trimmer and move from left to right,
and
> then go in the opposite direction for my second pass.
>
> I'll bet when I'm done, that piano would never have sounded better.
>
> Tom Sivak

Tom
I've been using a "reverse" pattern for a number of years, tuning from the
temperament octave up to C8 tuning the center strings, then back down to the
break tuning one side of the unisons, then back up to C8 on the other side.
It works well for pitch raises and the piano is very stable.

Paul Chick