plate refinishing detail

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 00:20:12 +0200

Hello,

For protection of the pins before spraying , use the thing you can find at
McDonald for drinking Coke (you see I know about everything about the
American Way ;>))

cut to pieces, it will also protect the thread of the agraffes holes before
spraying.

You could also on some plates, if enough space remain between the agrafes,
make a little "hat" for them with some thermo-retractable pipes as used for
electronic, many sizes exists, some make perfect caps for many tools,
voicing tools, blades, and so on. A bit of warmness on this pipe and it
react by becoming much more smaller, then stiffen a bit.

If you don't have a compressor you may use spray cans, and a lot of them if
you want enough paint. I spray with air and use polyurethane lacquer with
bronze powder in it. This is more resistive to scratches.

For the  screws holes in the frame, best is to ream their inside before
installing the screws, so the lacquer remain clean at the edges , if you see
what I mean.

Not so much words in my English to explain more clearly.

Hope it helps.

Isaac OLEG