Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 23:32:57 -0700

>Some are, from my jaundiced perspective of 2002, flawed while some
>still stand scrutiny. We can only try to make a true assessment based
>on what we have come to understand.
>
>Ron O.

Good words, Ron.  The bottom line:

How does it sound, and how does it feel?

If something new in a piano sounds or feels better, and i mean really
better, than the standard or tradtional, than I say go for it.

That said, I've noticed a marked predilection among science and gearhead
types to love change for change's sake, to mess around with things for
the love of messing, and not to advance the sound and feel.

Any one who is as committed and passionate as you obviously are to
world-standard pianos deserves every consideration.  I'm intensely
curious about your new action, and your pianos in general.
Any chance I can play one in the States anytime soon?

Best, David Andersen