key bushings

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldwin@mta-01.sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:22:06 -0600

>I am sorry (not really but you see...) , I will try it but I don't buy it
>at first :>) as the pinning is showing more or less wear depending of the
>place in the keyboard, sizing the hole to a standard size with an electric
>drill may not allow the best fit (anyway not on original pins) .

Hi Isaac,
                  Just make sure the pin is straight and polished.  We sell
lots of new Yamaha's and in any month it saves us hours of key fitting.
   When I say a quick burst of the switch, it's not much more than half a
dozen revolutions, just enough to burnish the hole.
   After steaming out old bushings, we re bush and fit in the same manner,
we have encountered no problems at all.  A set can be done in 5 mins or so.
   Try it and let me know what you think.
regards Roger