separated pin block

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:55:22 -0500

I have a customer with an Everett console, the pin block on which is
separating from the back posts and frame.  Not much more than 3/16 of an
inch at the bass end, none at the treble end. Does one simply remove the
top row of plate screws, drill all the way through, and put stove bolts
through, or does one also use part of the screws lower down?

What diameter of bolts?

Does one have to lower tension on strings before pulling them up?

Does one put glue down in the crack?

The piano seems awfully dry. A heater bar with a small brown box was
installed, but I have a hunch the little brown box didn't turn the bar
off, and it's been drying away for some years.
thanks
les bartlett

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.