Schimmel Upright question

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:28:07 -0700 (PDT)

I'd start by eliminating friction, by ironing with
cauls and Protek, in key bushings. THen try. If still
to tight,Proitek or Teflon powder on wippen cushions
or capstan/ stickers. Try again. Then Teflon powder on
hammerbutts. Then Protek on other centers. Beware of
too little friction on hamer flanges, as that's where,
I believe, the action can feel "unmanageable" if
removed totally. Gordon Stelter