speaking of front rail bushings

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:17:04 -0700

It won't solve the problem, but beating the crap out of your predecessor =
will make you feel better.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: Pianotech@ptg.org ; caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 7:19 AM
  Subject: speaking of front rail bushings

  My predecessor put new keytops on a S&S M. The problem is, he put on =
very thick keytops, but didn't rout down the keys. As a result, in order =
to get the sharps 1/2" above the whites, and then get 3/8" keydip on =
them, I have to put so many punching under the sharps, that the white =
keys are hitting those punchiness before they bottom out. This results =
in the white keys are only getting about 5/16", or less, key dip. This =
is happening mostly in the bass.=20

  Other than replacing the keytops, does anyone have a solution to the =
problem.=20

  Wim=20