speaking of front rail bushings

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:19:17 EDT

My predecessor put new keytops on a S&S M. The problem is, he put on very
thick keytops, but didn't rout down the keys. As a result, in order to get
the sharps 1/2" above the whites, and then get 3/8" keydip on them, I have to
put so many punching under the sharps, that the white keys are hitting those
punchiness before they bottom out. This results in the white keys are only
getting about 5/16", or less, key dip. This is happening mostly in the bass.

Other than replacing the keytops, does anyone have a solution to the problem.

Wim