pulley keys

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:22:26 -0400

At 04:10 AM 9/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I don't quite understand how something round is going to reduce the size of
>a hole. Has the center been drilled out?
>I'm rebushing the keys. Titebond 2 works great for gluing back the split
>sides of the key buttons. I thinned down the titebond 2 and saturated the
>weak sides of the sharps that were sloppy and with a spring clamp and a
>mortise sizing caul they are quite strong and exactly the right size. I
>don't like the indent the spring clamps make in the side of the key but I
>doubt anyone will ever notice. The titebond 2 being waterproof will probably
>last the longest without going to an epoxy.
>Keith R

I've tried Ca glue to size the holes. I found it to bee too hard and noisy
(if slightly loose still...or later)
Also the glue is brittle so I would question its longevity.

A 1:1 mix of Titebond and water sizes the hole, is not brittle-hard but
maleable enough to ease the hole without
having to remove material.

The schaff insert tool is easy for holes too large to size with the mix.
Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com