key bushings

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:30:59 +0200

Hello,

To trim flush the balance bushings, I find it easier to use a good
wood chisel. I take care of not waiting too much so the glue is not
totally hardened. Leaves a neat surface, eventually a little wood can
be trimmed at the same time (shave). I trim with a sliding motion.
I've seen others using wooden cauls and trimming on the wood. I too
would be concerned by the wear of the cauls if trimming on them.

Of course a very good sharpening stone and a little habit for
sharpening helps.

With the chisel, I trim flush the sides of the front bushing of the
sharps. It cut better than any cutter, and the flat side is of good
help.

I recently bought a carver's knife with the bevel one side, and it
seems to be the good tool for that too.

Regards

Isaac