Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:33:27 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Kanter" <jkanter@rollingball.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: September 04, 2002 5:50 AM
Subject: Re: Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

> Thanks much. I will watch the online movie later. Looks like you are doing
> exactly what I am looking for. However, I recommend you stay away from
> argumentation with these erudite and opinionated guys. Their hearts are
big
> but challenging their expertise is a losing proposition and energy drain.
>
> Ron, I am certain that Herr Steinway would have loved to discuss
soundboard
> design with you and would probably have changed the design after learning
> from you.

Oh, I expect Mr Steinway would have learned from his own thinking and from
his own work. True, he did borrow some of his best ideas from other piano
makers of the day, but he also exhibited some considerable flare for
independent thought. It wasn't until some after his passing that things
became thoroughly stagnated.

Del