Tuning the Duplex (was ...Capo)

Duplexdan@AOL.COM Duplexdan@AOL.COM
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:55:37 EDT

Partick,

Allow me to interject an analogy. No matter how you shine up the hood of your
car it can never eliminate the smoke from your muffler if your rigns are worn
out.

By this I mean that the duplex scale function is independant of other
functions and is a contributing factor to piano tone. If iit is correctly
tuned it will be a plus. If it is not, it will detract. Of course the strings
must be seated properly in the agraffes and levelled, and the hammers filed
delicately so that they all hit simultaneously. But you can file the hammers
down to the moulding and never compensate for bad duplex scale bridge
placement, in my opinion.

Dan Franklin