New Steinway D problem

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:50:09 -0500

>Thanks Ron. Are you suggesting I should back off this bolt again ? I suppose
>I could check the downbearing with a rocker, and compare to the areas
>around. I suppose also I should take a good look at the crown both right
>under this and in the surrounding area. I was alarmed about the plate stress
>as well right off when hearing about this.

I'd check bearing and crown to see what I had to work with, and then most
likely back the bolt off and reset it. I also agree with those saying that
this is a warranty problem for Steinway, and you should be working it
through them, unless you're prepared to accept full responsibility for the
outcome.

Ron N