Broadwood Rectangular Tuning tip

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 20:48:50 -0500

I don't think the CA could hold the pins to the plate, though.  Thanks,
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
985.72P.IANO

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of gordon stelter
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 6:33 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: Broadwood Rectangular Tuning tip

Please be warned, if you haven't noticed, that a lot
of these old Broadwoods have the pins threaded into
the PLATE. NO TAPPING!!!I have tightened such by
flipping piano over, and dousing block with several
bottles of Pin Tite from underneath. Not CA. I figured
CA might run into plate threads, glue solid.
     Gordon Stelter
 P.S. Despite derisive comments to contrary, PinTite
REALLY WORKS WELL when applied in this manner!!!
Spinnin' pins ROCK SOLID 1 year later!!!!!