business license?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:07:22 -0700

This query is mainly to those techs residing/doing business in California,
and specifically in the Los Angeles area. How many of you have a business
license? Is it actually required since we generally do not have a store
front, inventory and/or employees? If it IS required, does that mean that if
we service, let's say, 35 different cities, we need 35 separate business
licenses??? A fellow tech friend tells me that he has one license for the
city in which he lives, and he must pay not only his yearly fee, but sales
tax on his tunings NO MATTER WHICH CITY he has done his work! I find this
very hard to believe. I hope someone in the know can set the record straight
on this one. thanks in advance.

Terry Peterson