Piano asking price?

Jay/Deb Mercier mercier@minnewaska.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2098 16:42:54 -0500

I posted a short explanation about 3 days ago regarding a 1929 Herbrenson
Player Piano.  There were no responses.  I'll try this again.

The piano is a 1929 Herbrenson Player Piano in which the piano is in fair to
under fair condition.  The action needs attention, the strings are rusty
(enough to not raise the pitch without having an ulcer) and the pitch is a
half step low.  The pins are tight, the player mechanism runs perfect and is
in excellent condition due to the owner spending two years taking it apart
and cleaning it.  This price would also include 200+ rolls of "old-time"
music.

I told him that the piano itself without the player would be worth around
$100 - $200, depending on the buyer.  But I have no idea what the player
mechanism is worth.  Can someone help me out?

Jay