cleaning & smoke odor

John W. McKone mckonejw@SKYPOINT.COM
Thi, 19 Jun 1997 11:27.35 -0600

Look for an "ozone room" in your area.  Companies that do fire damage furniture insurance claims are likely candidates to have one.  In my area, you can stick a piano in one of these places overnight for about $30.

The room is flooded with ozone - which does a pretty good job of neutralizing all but the most stuborn smoke odors

John McKone, RPT
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
(612) 280-8375
-----------------------------------------------Danny Moore wrote:

OK Rob, I've got one for you and anyone else who will offer some
insight!

I've just looked at (actually, smelled) a Kimball console, about 25
years old.  It's in excellent physical condition.  Unfortunately, we
moved it from "mom's house" to "daughter's house" - daughter does NOT
smoke, mom and dad smoked heavily, so the piano now smells like the
proverbial broken stove.  Daughter says that one night in her house and
the smell is already making her sick - it's really odiferous.

Apart from trailering through the local coin op car wash, what can be
done to remove the smoke odor?  I'm afraid this is far beyond the normal
wipe-down with lemon oil and vacuum out the insides . . .

Thanks,

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter