sharps ratio - for pianists

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 00:20:32 +0100

I propose you the experiment :

Play three following sharps , then play the three naturals, then ask
yourself if you wish that these sharps where as light than the whites.

Do it again, then ask yourself if you prefer that the sharps had the
same dip than the white keys.

Notice, that you will have played the whites on a more central
position that if you where playing in C major.

As it is less easy to play these tonalities with a lot of sharps, the
evenness of resistance is more important there than if only a few of
them are played.

Now have a nice week end !

Regards

Isaac OLEG