Harmonium temperament

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:43:19 -0600

My best guess is out-of-whack.  Much of it is kind of "reverse well"
that has been talked about ad nauseam.  The C-E third is wider than
ET and F#-A# is narrower.  Others kind of fit in between.

If the pianist is happy, that's the name of the game.  I probably
would have just gone for a regular tuning, and only adjusted the
pitch from 440 by enough to match the Harmonium.  Of course, when
there is that much variance, how do you "match" the Harmonium?

Again, if the customer is happy, it sounds like you did the right
thing.

dave