Choosing to Condemn

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:23:10 -0600

>... Why should I be a pianist?  It might be nice, but...
>I am not a pianist, but I can play the piano a bit - usually I say
>that i play _at_ the piano.
>
>I can feel when the keys are not level or the action is
>malfunctioning, see when things aren't lining up, hear more than I
>need to and can do repetitions as fast as any concert pianist.
>Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician

Thank you, Conrad. This is more to the point of what I was suggesting.

To be able to play the piano does not constitute having to be a pianist.

It does, however, enable one to better determine more accurately the
worth or non-worth of a piano's condition before choosing to condemn
one type in lieu of another type in a customer's home.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild