S&S D Duplex - a designers point of view

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:51:53 +0100

Well, I just wanted to transmit you, that accordingly to recent
discussions, the idea here are that .

Duplex scales length are to be parsed so to avoid any particular
ringing in the halo they produce (as considered as a whole undamped
system), if too much RD produced the same pitch, they could produce a
dominant tone, I suspect that is why too some "dissonant" intervals
are used too.

If we where to agree with the G. Weinreich thoughts about how the
modern piano sound, they would better be slightly mistuned to avoid
any loss of energy due to the coupling front/rear. then a gain is
sustain is may be expected.

Accurately tuning aliquot plates seem unrealistic for many reasons.
 I will try one with individual rests soon and experiment a little.

Regards

Isaac OLEG