Watanabe and Jahn tuning levers

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:05:16 +0100

Greg,
I use one of their ancient models with a hex head, but a standard
wooden handle.

They are robust but I find them a bit too heavy for fine work (the
head is really heavy sometime it is cool, sometime no)

Don't expect to be changing the tip's head direction every then or
then ,because you will use the thread if doing so.

The tips are very robust, but I my lever is having a bit of play at
the collar (where the handle locks on the extension)

But, as I said my extension is round, the play is in the center of the
handle axis, not thru the length, of course. an hex extension would
not have that play.

The tips goes from N?1 thru N?4 so this is complete.

A friend of mine have a Watanabee, it is standard and very heavily
build.

I use now a very cheap lever from Yamaha most of the time (fixed
length and light) and I like it.
I tend to prefer light tools actually anyway.

Hope that helps

Good luck

Isaac OLEG