Watanabe and Jahn tuning levers

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:30:39 -0500

Listees,
         I was all but ready to order a Watanabe lever a few moments ago.
Whether or not that became my primary lever or not is up to trial. While I
was on the phone with Pianotek they told me about the Jahn levers they
carry. They are a German offering where the head has the female part of the
thread and the tip has the male thread. Also the head is reversible for
short or long reach. They claim a very positive feel with the tips from
this manufacturer as well. Apparently most of the weight is in the head and
not the handle so it is a little different to get used to. There is a
picture of it in the price list but not the body of the catalogue. On the
phone they mentioned that it also comes with a pear shaped end on the
wooden handle for more comfort with uprights. My question? Has anyone tried
this one?

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net