Tuning levers (thanks!)

invader invader@northlink.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 06:49:33 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Newell" <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 9:04 PM
Subject: Tuning levers (thanks!)

> Thanks to everyone who took the time to write about their favorite tuning
> levers. Both on and off list you folks have been very helpful. If you
> haven't yet written and are reading this don't feel the issue is done. I'd
> still love to hear from you. If I had the money I'd buy them all and play
> with each one for a while until I developed a strong affinity for one out
> of the bunch. I guess I was really looking for someone who had already
done
> that. Thanks to everyone for your input!!
> Greg I did not read all the above , but have you tried a #3 star on a
15degree head. A guy named Don Lee introduced this to me and I don't think I
want to ever tune without it.The #3 star head fits on the pin as far as
possiable so that it reduces the pin torque I think the 15 degree angle on
the head just brings the hammer alittle closer. Anyway if I had that
apparratise on a treelimb I'd be happy. I guess that what it is.
Dan Schreffler  Greg Newell