Vaudeville Act?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 05:28:09 -0600

Alan,

>>Tuned a little console today. Don't know the date because Pierce is a
>>little confusing on this brand and it's various makers (looks like a 50's
>>or 60's piano "Model 600", serial 321968 ...
>>
>>Anyway the brand is Schmoller & Mueller ... does that sound like two guys
>>doing a Yiddish stand-up comedy shtick, or what!
>

>Seeing that name dusted off some old memories - not good, just old.  In
>the late 70s, WITCC had a few of them for practice tuning.  As I recall,
>it is a decal brand for a defunct store in Omaha.

More synapses working - access to Pierce, now that I'm at work - The
vintage you saw was probably either S&C or K&C. (2 other law firm names .-)

czeching...
S&C date would be ~1961. K&C date would be ~1942. I'd guess S&C.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

-The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.