pianos in the sun

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:23:19 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Ballard" <yardbird@pop.vermontel.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 25, 2002 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: pianos in the sun

> At 9:51 PM -0500 11/25/02, Bill Ballard wrote:
> >A young family inherited a 1991 Stwy B (partial rebuild 20 years ago)
>
> ....oops 1891 Stwy B.
>
> Bill Ballard RPT
> NH Chapter, P.T.G.
>
> "I go, two plus like, three is pretty much totally five. Whatever"
>      ...........The new math

It doesn't apply in this case, but...

If you encounter a situation such as this (as I once did) and the piano is
new and under a 5 year warrantee and you work for the selling dealer you owe
it to the dealer and the manufacturer to let them know of the situation so
that when the piano needs pinblock and soundboard work (as this one did)
three or four years down the road the dealer and the manufacturer don't get
stuck with a bill for repairs that were not their fault.

Del