S&S D Duplex

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:27:23 +0100

Ron Overs wrote:

>> . . . a . . quote from Junghann in this lecture that
>> goes to this speaker analogy. He says...
>
>>      << A good soundboard should have similiar
>>      resonance characteristics over the entire
>>      range from 27 to 6000 Hz.
>>
>  And while C88 has a non-stretched frequency of 4186 herz
> for the standard Homo sapiens piano, Mr Janghann's piano
> is specially built for dogdom. I should like to hear a
> piece of spruce doing its thing at 6000.

Well, I dont know about you Ron, but I hear the 5th above
C88 (ie, the 3rd partial of C7) with no trouble at all, and
I be dogwargled and behoundled if I cant discern the 3rd
partial of F7 or even G7 on certain instruments.

All that being said... let me make something clear about Mr
Janghanns text. It is refered to by Fenner, as the standard
text available today on the subject matter, but that doesnt
mean that Fenner is in aggreement with him. Any more then we
hold White up to be the gospel on the matter. I gather
Janghanns text is a bit dated, and as far as I can see
Fenner takes issue on many of the same points both you and
Del do.

I have only an 8 page lecture to from Fenners class here in
Bergen. The best thing would be for someone to translate his
whole book to English.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.