I Hate Long Subjectlines, was Re: RDLs=Recommended Duplex Lengths (I HATE abbreviations!)

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 07:28:45 -0500

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 09:22  PM, Bill Ballard wrote:

> At 5:50 PM -0800 11/24/02, Joseph Garrett wrote:
>> The only way, that I know of,  to calculate the Duplex Lengths Needed
>> is to
>> first measure the speaking length of the note and then divide by 2,
>> 3, 4,
>> etc.
>
> That's what Dan uses the slider for. In the class that I saw in
> Burlington VT last spring, I didn't see any rulers or dividers.

I can't claim my memory's perfect, but when Dan did his class for the
Boston Chapter, either in his manual or perhaps a handout, he had
compiled a list of suggested duplex segment lengths and partials for a
number of models.

Patrick Draine