RDLs=Recommended Duplex Lengths (I HATE abbreviations!)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:50:59 -0800

All,
The only way, that I know of,  to calculate the Duplex Lengths Needed is to
first measure the speaking length of the note and then divide by 2, 3, 4,
etc. Once the duplex bar is in that position, then minor tweaking will aid
in the duplex being SOMEWHAT IN TUNE. I don't believe it is possible to
actually get a duplex, EXACTLY IN TUNE, with it's common NOTE, but rather
close. When you think of how infinitly FINE tuning increments really are, I
think that most would agree that FINE tuning is impossible. IMHO, (oops
<G>), in this case, CLOSE is good enough and counts, just as in Horshoes,
Hand Grenades and H Bombs!<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)