Newton, again

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:32:32 EST

jgrassi@silverlink.net writes:

> While working today, I couldn't stop thinking about Newton.  Everything
> I did, I heard his voice saying: "Do it the best you can, and when you
> think you're good, get better."  Our mentors, instructors, and
> colleagues, like Newton, who share all that they know, in the hopes that
> we will become excellent technicians deserve our best effort.
>
> Newton, I promise to keep getting better
>
> Jeannie Grassi, RPT

Thank you, Jeannie, for sharing this with us.

Not only do I do my best every time I work on a piano, I try very hard to
read everything that comes across my desk, attend as many seminars and
conventions I am able, and pick as many brains as I run into, in an effort to
become better at what I do.

I though I was a pretty good technician until I attended the Steinway School
this summer. What a humbling experience. I can't imagine how any one in the
business can ignore the valuable lessons to be learned at chapter meetings
seminars, and conventions, not to mention what's in the Journal and on line.

It is people like Newton who set the pace. We should do like he did.

Thanks Newton, for all you have done.

Wim