S&S D Duplex

Duplexdan@aol.com Duplexdan@aol.com
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:52:06 EST

Dave Porritt,

Thank you for your extensive input . The fact that the Steinways considered
the duplex of great importance is evidenced by their catalogue in the 1874
Philadelphia Convention.They listed ten features their new piano included.
The duplex scale was the second. Not only that but the name duplex scale was
cast into the plate for many years with the serial number. In addition there
is significant correspondence between Steinway and Weber showing that
Steinway considered Weber's attempt to use his patent a serious breach of
ethics.

 If  this is subject important enough to you and you can not find this
catalogue , I'll be glad to try and dig it out of my records.

Dan Franklin