S&S D Duplex

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:11:57 +0100

While I certianly understand the sentiment, and indeed this same
probably led to the coinage of the term, I tend to agree with Del in
that there is really nothing natural about putting any panel into the
stressed condition that crowning essentially is. Tho the thinking for
the flat rib with flat panel was that neither ribs or panel are under
any stresses at all until the assembly takes on moisture. Glue creep is
easier to control as well if I am not mistaken, just keep eveything dry
enough until the glue cures.

Anyways, its easy to see why they started calling it "natural crown"....
just dry it and glue it and let "nature" do the rest.

Cheers
RicB