Newton Hunt - mentor, friend, human being

Thomas A. Sheehan tsheehan@nyc.rr.com
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:58:57 -0500

Dear list,

It's with profound sadness that I just learned about Newton's passing. I =
first met him at a regional seminar in 1973 held in a church basement =
near where Doc Sanderson lives. I don't remember the town, but I do =
remember the generosity, clarity and sincerity that Newton displayed.=20

His depth of accurate knowledge about so many phases of piano work was =
staggering. Many's the time I asked him for his help, which he always =
provided. He helped me move from being an apprentice to becoming a real =
technician. For that, I will be forever grateful. There's not a day that =
goes by that I don't do something that he told me, or wrote up in the =
Journal.

I bow my head in prayer for the repose of his soul, and his dream of =
piano technical work is always with me.

Thank you, Newton - you changed my life!

Tom Sheehan
NYC Chapter