Newton

David C. Stanwood Stanwood@tiac.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:50:03 -0500

Searching for words, all I can think of is to write and share a special
time I had with Newton.  We went to Cuba to work on pianos with Ben
Truehaft.  We worked in what used to be the old havana country club which
had been converted to the institute for the arts.  Newton spent the week
working with a blind piano tuner. Neither could speak the others language
but they got along famously.  The blindness, deafness, and lack of language
they shared was no handicap. It was very touching.  Hard to believe he's
gone... 'won't be forgotten.

David Stanwood