larger bridge pins

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:45:36 +0100

Listers, Ron, Del,

I am ready to install new bridge pins (pointed) in an original S&S
bridge (mod S) ,and will use in some places one size thicker (i.e.
2.35 for 2.20)

Too bad but some where not straight and a few holes enlarged too much
when extracting.

My question are :
Do you use to cut the pointed end to avoid delaminating of the bridge.
Is hand drilling (with a handle enough to ream the hole to the good
size ?
How large would do you use to drill ?

I am afraid of splitting something, and I feel that Cyanoacrylates are
may be not lasting enough (they are know to have little resistance to
chock , so vibes may be are not good too)
I will try to avoid epoxy on that one, just to see if something is
different (I know what to listen for).

Thanks for your advice.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG