Etiquette in the Customer's Home

pianolac pianolac@bestweb.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:28:20 -0600

Having been in this situation, found more efficacious way of handling the
problem.  Took a bunch of old tuning pins, wrapped 'em up in a ball with
duct tape, attached to a piece of #13 piano wire to an old carpenter's
hammer, and applied said ball to offending clocks as a knight of the round
table would apply his mace to an opponent at a joust.  Much faster than the
sledge, and more fun.
Arthur Grudko
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: Etiquette in the Customer's Home

> I have a piano teacher client that has a coo-coo clock collection all
around her studio - I'll bet 15 or more of them. None set to the proper
time. Every few minutes the (#$*&(@*#$&ing things go off.

> I feel your pain. It's a serious situation that warrants action.
>
> Answer: No, it would not be rude at all to make some adjustments as you
describe.

> BTW, when you are done, can I borrow your sledge?
>
> Terry Farrell

Grandmothers and Grandfathers. Novelty Clocks. All kinda clocks...tick,
ticka, tickety, tickaty, bong, chime, gong, wang, ding, ticka, tick ... None
in sync with any other and all slightly off from each other as they strike
the quarter hours ... Bbang bbongong bbbing boonng....

> Question: Would it be "rude" or, in some other way, socially unacceptable
to take my 2 1/2 pound stringing sledge and start adjusting these little
treasures?