S&S D Duplex

Duplexdan@aol.com Duplexdan@aol.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:40:53 EST

Ron,

I'm going to step out on a limb here, and decry your comment that the duplex
scale was developed to compensate for deficiencies in soundboard manufacture.
I will say that anyone who thinks that way has never worked in a piano
factory. Have you? I doubt it seriously. Piano factories are very realistic
places. Every minute of every worker's day is critical to the function and
success of a piano factory routine.

If, as it appears, that you have no experience in a piano factory, that you
have never tuned a duplex scale, that you have never read or understood the
principles of physics involved with the duplex scales, why should you
continue to profess your ignorance of these essential elements of piano tone?
If, on the other hand, you have information or experiments that would relieve
Steinway Fazioli, M & H of the burden of having and tuning duplex scales, it
behooves you to endow us with this legacy.
( I'm trying to be humorous because I think you are being disrespectful,
albeit interested)

Dan Franklin